Another New Year is just ahead and it’s time to think about your insurance coverage. Is your homeowner’s and auto insurance ready for 2018? Here are some important questions to answer if you want to check yourself to make certain nothing gets overlooked.
- Have you added a new roof, remodeled, updated wiring, or plumbing this past year?
- Do you have flood insurance and if not, would you like to consider it?
- Do you have a business that you run out of your home?
- Do you employ any full or part time help at your home?
- Have you purchased or sold any jewelry, furs, firearms, cameras, or fine art during the past year? Your policy may have limitations in coverage for theft of specified items. If you rent instead of own, would you like a quote for coverage of your personal property?
- Should you consider earthquake insurance?
In the last year, have there been any changes to your driving habits? If so, be sure to share it with your independent insurance agent. Also take some time to check your auto insurance policy by following these tips:
- Liability is the part of the policy that pays for any injury or damage if you cause an accident. If your liability insurance is too low, it is possible that you could be sued for any damages above your liability limits.
- Remember that deductibles for comprehensive and collision coverage are the amounts you pay if your car is damaged or totaled at no fault of another driver. Raising or lowering this amount can affect your premium.
- Before hitting the road, make sure you have a copy of your insurance card and your insurance agent or company's number in your vehicle.
- Be sure to accurately record details of an accident you are in.
Personal Umbrella/Excess Liability
- Are you interested in an umbrella or excess policy that extends your automobile and homeowners liability coverage to $1 million or more?
- If you already have an umbrella or excess policy, would you like to get a quote to increase the limits of coverage?
Be sure to contact your independent insurance as you’re evaluating your insurance needs. We can help you determine whether or not you need specific coverage based on your personal situation. We look forward to another New Year and the pleasure that comes with serving our loyal customers.