Now that the holidays are over, it’s time to think about whether you need to update your home or auto insurance to keep adequate insurance coverage. If gifts were received that increase your personal liability, now is the time to take a close look and discuss it with your independent insurance agent.
Here are a Few Gift or Toy Additions to Consider:
- Remember that motorcycles, RVs, boats or All-Terrain vehicles are not covered for damage or liability unless you have an endorsement to your personal insurance policies.
- Perhaps you received an expensive ring, watch, or other jewelry item which needs to be separately insured for loss and theft.
- Your daughter’s new car ‘Santa’ gave her will need to be added to your auto insurance policy.
- Smart home technology systems can often help reduce your homeowner’s insurance, especially if alarm systems are part of the package.
- Fine art, antiques and guns may need to be added to your policy if the value is over a certain amount. Since policies differ, call your agent to get details.
- If the remodeled bathroom/home spa you gave your wife for Christmas has not been included in your homeowner’s policy, discuss the details with your insurance agent. Any kind of upgrade or remodel adds value to your home and should be well protected with the right insurance coverage.
Now might be the perfect time to consider bundling all your insurance needs if you haven’t done so already. Bundling can mean that you need only one insurance agent, which is convenient and you only have to remember one renewal date for everything.
Another advantage if you bundle car and homeowners/renters is that you may be able to avoid coverage gaps. It’s a great way to save money and know that you are covered effectively. You might even get a reduced premium for bundling and savings on deductibles. Be sure to ask your reliable, independent insurance agent to get all the facts.